Well here it is... Not great (as I expected) but you can tell who it is! haha I had a little mishap with the black icing. Apparently I didn't get it on thick enough and half of it fell off so I had to fix that. And I realized its not real easy to ice a cake and make it smooth. Who knew? And I didn't even attempt to write anything on it because me writing with icing would have ruined the whole thing. Definetly going to need some lessons from my momma, but I'm pleased with it being my first try! I did taste the cake and I must say it was pretty yummy! Can't go wrong with a straight from the box cake mix though! :)
When I showed it to Olivia she said "*GASP*! It's my birthday cake! We have to take it to my birthday party!" I tried to explain to her that it wasn't her birthday yet and that mommy was just practicing, but she insisted that it was her birthday. So I guess after dinner today we'll have a small "birthday" celebration by eating some cake! haha
3 weeks ago


Lindsey! I think that looks awesome! Much better than I could do!!
ReplyDeleteHey! You did a great job! Way better than I would EVER have done. So fun to see your blog now that you're abandoning FaceBook :) Mine is the-fantozzis.blogspot.com. Hope you have a good weekend!
ReplyDelete