Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Ben kind of post

Little Ben isn't so little anymore. I can't believe he is going to be 3 in December.  He has always had quite a funny personality, and now that he's talking constantly it's even funnier.  Several weeks ago we had a little play date with some friends from church. Kristi's son Carson is 3 and one of the few boys around that age at church.  Ben is constantly surrounded by girls so he was so excited to have him come and play. Well... since they left our house, almost 3 weeks ago Ben has not stopped talking about him!  This is the conversation we have with  Ben OFTEN!

Ben- "I have to tell you something."
Me- "What?"
Ben- "I play with Carson last night, he's a little boy, we play with my train track.  What's that called again?"
Me - "Sydney" (that's Carson's 6 year old sister who was here also)
Ben - "Yea, she say this girls room."

Literally the same words every single time he says this. And I know every time he tells me that he has to tell me something, this is what it will be :)

Last Sunday when we walked into church he said "Mommy, where Carson?"  I told him he was in Miss Julie's class (the class he will move up to in September).  I asked him if he wanted to go in there and play with Carson and he quickly responded "NO! I want to play with Delmer."

And that leads me to Mr. Delmer.  What a blessing he, Mr. Larry and Mrs Bonnie have been!  They are his Sunday school teachers and Ben adores each of them!!  Maybe it's all the goldfish they feed him from the time he walks in, till the time they leave, or maybe it's the fact that they treat him as if he were their own grandchild.  They love him and he surely loves them. It will be a hard day for Ben when he moves up (almost a year late).  Praying it's an easy transition for him and hoping that Carson being in there will help!


No comments:

Post a Comment