Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Loving to learn!

Olivia is loving school! Now that she has gotten over the I miss being home phase. Don't get me wrong, she still misses being at home, but i'm so very proud of how quickly she is learning! As a mom, I often have guilt that I didn't teach her enough at home. Maybe I should have spent less time letting her play, and more time doing flash cards and teaching her how to read.  But now that she is starting to read, I'm so happy she had those (almost) 6 years to just be a kid and have fun! Plus it helps that she is a quick learner :) She was sent home her first reading book last week.  See and my are repeated on each page so she can learn those two words.  The smile on her face when she "read" it to me the first time was priceless! This morning, my little over achiever was coloring, and it quickly turned into writing what she can read in her book. I know it's not a huge deal because all kindergartners learn to read (some before they even start kindergarten) , but to see her so excited to sit there and copy those words and then read the page to me was a proud mom moment! So blessed to call this sweet girl my own! 


2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Smart girl! And playing in the early years is how they learn..so you are right in letting her play and not trying to do flashcards ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me smile! I think you gave her a tremendous gift of being able to be a child, that is precious time that the two of you will treasure!

    ReplyDelete