I'm happy to report that on Wednesday Jan 8th, 2014 our house officially received the gift of electricity! :) And what a gift it was!! Here are some pictures from our visit tonight. With the lights ON!
It's no secret that living in our apartment has been.... a bit challenging. There are many things that are inconvenient and when we move out of here, I plan to make a list of things I will never take for granted in our new home, and I plan to frame it and display it as a reminder of how truly blessed we are. But, tonight as I listened to Ben pray, I realized how ungrateful I have been where we are now. It may seem weird or odd, but i have disliked just about every second of living here. But Ben's prayer tonight made me realize how even living here has been a blessing.
Twinkle Twinkle little star, oh wait (giggle) that's a song.
Dear Jesus, Thank you for sleep and thank you for food, even though we aren't eating any right now, and thank you for closets and for our repartment, so we aren't cold. Amen
Something about that last line really hit me... the kid is silly most of the time, but he knows how to give him mom a reality check. So tonight I to will thank God for this apartment, because it keeps us warm!




No comments:
Post a Comment