Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Exciting news!!

Olivia has had questions about what it means to be saved for several months. Her biggest question was what will it feel like and how will I know?  That's a tough question for a kid because saying "You will know!" isn't a good enough answer.  Well at VBS 2 weeks ago one of the teachers came to me Thursday night.  Pastor Alan had shared with Olivia's class about becoming a follower of Jesus and what that all means.  She told me Olivia had been crying and when she approached her she just said she didn't want to do anything that night.  We talked to her about it that night and she started crying again.  We wanted her to know that making that decision wasn't something to be worried about or to get upset about it. It was an awesome thing that should be so exciting!! She again asked what it would feel like. We shared with her that maybe her getting emotional while Pastor Alan shared was God tugging at her heart.  The next morning she woke up and told me she just couldn't stop thinking about it. I reminded her that if its' in her head this much then that is God! And that's what it "feels" like.  I also explained that daddy and I couldn't be the ones to initiate it. She would have to be the one that decided she wanted to do it.  Through out the day the kept saying she was still thinking about it and couldn't stop. I just simply reminded her that was probably God making her feel that way.  After VBS that night we came home and tucked her into bed and she said she was ready to do it!! So Nate asked her about 20 questions to make sure she really understood what she was doing.  Then he told her the things to pray and she prayed on her own and asked Jesus to come into her heart!!!!! After she was done she went from emotional and nervous to relieved and giddy! It was so cute to see how happy she was! She is having some reservations about being baptized but she's praying (as we are as well) that she'll get the courage to do that next! We are so happy for our beautiful girl. This by far is the most exciting day in her life!! I want her to always remember June 26th, 2015 as a day that changed her life! God is so good and I can't wait to see the plan He has for our sweet girl! 
Below are the comments to Olivia from friends and family! Lots of excitement!









1 comment: