Monday, July 25, 2011

Mom's song

I love music, and I love belting out songs in the car or with the kids in their room, and every once in a while I hear a song that I feel was completely written for me!  For a while "This is the Stuff" was my theme song. Now I've moved on to "Do Everything" by Steven Curtis Chapman.  The first verse of course is my favorite but the entire song covers every person out there.  Here is a small part of the song....

You’re picking up toys on the living room floor
for the 15th time today
Matching up socks and sweeping up lost
Cheerios that got away
You put a baby on your hip and color on your lips
and head out the door
And while I may not know you I bet I know you
Wonder sometimes does it matter at all
We’ll let me remind you it all matters just as long as you

Do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you
Cause He made you to do
Every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face
And tell the story of grace
With every move that you make
And every little thing you do

I'll be the first to admit that I have days (more often than not) that I feel like "what I do" is insignificant.  I also know that what I do is a true blessing to myself, my husband and my children.  Sometimes I just need to be reminded of that... I am truly thankful for the stay at home mom's in my life, past and present, that remind me that this is the right thing to be doing for my family!  And everytime I hear this song I realize that I am doing exactly what God wants me to be doing at this point in my life! 

Thank you God for reminding me that every little thing that I do can glorify You, and that little ole me can bring a smile to Your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment