Monday, September 12, 2011

Success!!

I'm happy to announce that Olivia was a champ at the dentist today!!! For the past week we've been looking on the dentist website and she kept calling him the Happy Dentist!! Happy he was!! She was so excited and kept asking if it was her turn to go back. I was shocked. Then they called her name. I walked her to the door where she met a smiling assistant, she looked up and for the first time I saw a bit of fear in her eyes.  She said quietly "I want you to go with me". The assistant stepped in and said "You get to come with me and we get to go play!!" The difference between a dentist and a pediatric dentist, they know how to work the kids!  She took baby and walked away with the nice lady.

Meanwhile I had Leland and Ben in the waiting room playing with the millions of toys they had!  About 10-15 minutes later I heard the door open and the lady said "With Olivia!" I stood up and rounded up the kids and my bag (which wasn't an easy task, good thing I never had twins!).  I walked in the consultation  room and sat down.  I heard a very "happy" dentist saying "Do you want a green balloon? NO I bet you want a Blue balloon!" Then I hear a little girl laugh and say "PINK!!" to my amazement that little girl was Olivia!  She came around the corner with the Dentist with a HUGE smile on her face! She came in and showed me her clean teeth and her pink balloon, and her little race car and her new Ariel toothbrush and her babies bracelet! She was so excited!! The dentist told me she did great, she had a few tears (I wish you could see how he told me this... he was talking to me like I was a kid myself) Very funny! But the man is good.... because he had Olivia liking him and as most people know she's not usually to fond of any man.

She did have some plaque on her teeth and she scored a "C" on her report card, but that didn't even matter to me! She made it through her first, well second, dentist appointment and to me that is a big fat "A"!!! Way to go Olivia!! Mommy is so proud of you!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Olivia! I am so glad that she had a good experience, that has to make you so relieved and happy, too!

    Does the Happy Dentist accept 30-year-old patients? :)

    ReplyDelete