Six years ago today, I married my Prince Charming. We were so anxious to be married and to spend a week in Jamaica. I couldn't wait to live with him and see him everyday (since we dated while we were almost 3 hours away from each other)! Life was good!
Six years later we spent our day doing the things we usually do, grocery shopping, laundry, cooking, cleaning (Nate helped!!)
When we got married I had no idea what the next 6 years of my life would be like. I remember interviewing for my job at the Toyota Children's Center a couple of weeks after we got home from our honeymoon. I was asked where I saw myself in 5 years. Not being that good at interviewing, and knowing they were desperate for help, I was honest! My answer was "I want to be a stay at home mom!" And here I am six years later, still married to my best friend with two sweet kids keeping me busy while I am blessed with the chance to stay home with them. I really have nothing to complain about (other than the occasional normal wife/mom complaints). God has blessed me far more in the past 6 years than I could have ever imagined!
What a honor it is to be Nathan's wife! I'm so glad God chose me for him, and him for me!
Life is great!!
On another note, Nate hasn't bought me flowers since before we were married! I got a dozen yellow roses the Monday after our first date (impressive I know!). Then I got a dozen red roses when I was in my car accident 2 weeks before our wedding. Then on Friday (6 years later) he came home with these....
I was shocked! This is the man who knew how to impress me when we were dating, but quickly let me know that he felt flowers were the biggest waste of money EVER, after we were married! It's crazy how a beautiful bouquet of flowers can make a girl feel. :) I'm soaking them up while they sit on our table because I very well know it may be another 6 years before I get them again! :)
Thank you Nathan for being a wonderful husband, provider and father! I love you more and more each year!


So happy to have you and Nate as such great friends. We're so happy you two are celebrating six years of life together! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteCongrats you guys, and good work, Nate!!
ReplyDeleteI think 2006 was a great year to get married. ;)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on six years of marriage! Your flowers are beautiful!
Congratulations on six years! Nate is one blessed guy! So happy for you and excited to see what your next six years hold! Oh--and what beautiful flowers! Good job, Nate!
ReplyDelete