Olivia has always talked about wanting to be a cheerleader. I was in denial. She's fairly tall for her age so she should play basketball like her mom, right? Well this morning she went to a Mini Cheer Camp at Haubstadt Grade School. I got a small glimpse into my future of short shorts and kicks and jumps and cheers. Oh my! But it was cute and she loved it! Now I guess the next step would be to get her in gymnastics so she won't be the only 4 year old in the place that can't do a cartwheel! :)
When we got in the car the first words out of her mouth were "You want to know what we had for snack!?" It had to laugh...she is my daughter! :)
Eventually she told me about learning "cart flips". I did see her do a short cheer and dance, and she was letting 2 cheerleaders help her do a back walk over (aka cart flips). She had a great time, and isn't that the most important thing :)
Before we left, she was so excited!
If you can't beat em, join em... if we are going to be a cheerleader we can at least have cute hair and bows!
Olivia and her friend Mallory (also our next door neighbor). So happy they have each other, and happy they will be in the same preschool class in the fall!


No comments:
Post a Comment