Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kids

I LOVE being a stay at home mom! I've mentioned before about how rewarding, yet very challenging this job can be.  We work our butts off all day entertaining kids (feeling guilty when we let the T.V. Entertain them), cleaning the house, doing laundry, preparing dinner, cleaning again, picking up toys, taking them potty, doing puzzles, reading stories, breaking up fights, listening to a lot of tattle telling, attempting to discipline your kids and threatening to call Daddy if it doesn't work, and finally answering the "why" question so many times I get tired of hearing my own voice... 

Then when our loving, well meaning husbands get home from a very hard, exhausting day of work to a spotlessly clean house (with sweat dripping off my face because I'd spent the prior 15 minutes making sure everything is in it's place (or at least a place) so he can walk into a clean home)  says 
"What's for dinner?" 

We don't get paid, and I'm reminded of that (not by anyone but my own guilt) any time I think of taking the kids out to lunch, or when I see a shirt on sale that is really cute, or think of a really great gift to buy my husband for his Birthday.  

It's no walk in the park, and anyone that does full time I'm sure will agree with me.  Not saying working mom's don't have it tough either, they do! But so do we... even tough society might not agree :) 

With all that being said I saw this today and had to laugh.  It's so very true... So this is for all of my stay at home mom friends that will get it!



2 comments:

  1. Sooo true! Thanks for the good laugh! And I'm right there with you--thankful for the blessing of staying at home, but sometimes overwhelmed with all that it entails! And I've only got one child under our roof!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it sister! It is a tough job, but wouldn't have it any other way! I'm just happy I have great friends like you to do it with!

    ReplyDelete