Thursday, September 6, 2012

Choked Up

I've talked about being a stay at home mom many times... and yes, sometimes it's discouraging that a lot of people don't see what we do as "work".  I've had many days where I've thought I've ruined my kids socially by staying home with them full time, and I sometimes think of all the bills we could have paid off if I worked outside of the home.  But yesterday, seeing my baby girl go off to preschool, I was reminded that it doesn't matter what other people think of my "job".  For this time in my life I believe that my calling from God is to be a full time mom and wife.  And I'm overjoyed to be able to do this!

Last night I was talking to an older lady from my church.  In casual conversation she asked if I stayed home. I told her yes, and I never expected her reaction.  She told me that it blessed her to hear that, then she had to stop because she said she was getting choked up.  We had a great conversation, and I left knowing that God had placed that conversation in my life at that moment to remind me that I'm doing what He wants me to be doing.  While I can't promise there won't be days I'll get discouraged... I will remember this conversation, and I'll remember what a blessing my job is to my and my children!

2 comments:

  1. And you are a wonderful mother. Not only are you blessed to have those sweet little ones, they are blessed to have you. So many times, women choose to work and miss out on the daily joys and frustrations of being a full time mom. But it is totally worth it. I did it with both you and Landon and I wouldn't change one day. Keep up the good work. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a GREAT mom and you are doing one of the most important jobs in the world! I am so glad I have other SAHM friends like you so we can encourage and pray for each other. We are making an eternal impact!

    ReplyDelete