Saturday, January 12, 2013

Ben's 3 year check up!

Ben went in for his 3 year check up.  He is finally 30 pounds, and just a little over 3 feet tall! He was such a champ at the doctor's visit.  He took his new Mickey Mouse Dr.'s kit to show Dr. Rogers. The nurse let him help take his blood pressure and his temperature.  He thought he was pretty cool!  He of course would not sing his ABC's although I assured her that he did know them.  He said that yellow was orange (he knows yellow), he did count to 10 for her (he can count to 20 with a few mistakes here and there) and he held up 5 fingers and told her he was 3! Five minutes before that I asked him how old he was and he said 3! Holding up only 3 fingers :)

And finally when she asked him his name he said "Ben".  She wanted him to say his whole name, Ben Rich.  However, when she asked him "Ben what?" he looked at her like she was loony!   Then she said, "do you know your last name?" He paused as if he was thinking about it for a minute and he replied "My PawPaw says I Benny Ray!"  Big thanks for PawPaw Bob for convincing our son his name is Benny Ray :) It was funny and a bit embarrassing all at the same time.  So of course I though, I have to teach him his last name.

It's so funny the things I taught Olivia and just have totally forgotten to teach sweet second child Ben.  Like his last name, his shapes, etc... It is so true that when you have a second child you get busy and forget to do all the one on one things you did with your first.  So when we got home I told him "Did you know your name is Ben Rich?"  This made him a little mad.  "No it's not, my name is Ben! Just Ben!!!!"  And this has been his reply every time I have called him Ben Rich. So for now Ben is just Ben, not Ben Rich, not Benny Ray, just BEN! :)

Another thing I've been trying to teach him is spelling his name.  It's a fairly simple name right? Three letters, one of which is "B".  His new thing is that he has an "O" in his name. I'm guessing this is because of "O"livia. Every time I show him his name he says "Where is the "O"?"  And just now, I told him I was writing this about him and he said "Do you have an "O" on it?" I have a lot of work to do with sweet Ben :) Better get off of the computer and get started!

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet little boy! We love you Ben! I'm pretty sure Madeleine is almost 30 lbs too ;)

    ReplyDelete