Monday, December 31, 2012

So long 2012

2012 has come and gone, not sure how, but it has.  Truly each year goes by more quickly.

This year I turned the big 3-0, our baby girl started preschool, our sweet little boy was potty trained and Nate and I celebrated 6 years of marriage! We also spent a week at Disney with Nate's sister and her awesome family, Olivia lost her first 2 teeth, Ben turned 3 years old and I realized more than ever how blessed we are as a family!  My little brother and his wife told us they were pregnant, and several months later we learned that little Hank will be joining our family in early 2013.  I survived 9 weeks with my best friend/stay at home companion on the other side of the world!  Nate finally got moved to a job he might not hate every single day and all in all life has been pretty grand!

As I think about 2013 I do have a few things I hope for.  I hope in the coming year that our marriage with flourish more and more each day.  I also hope that my last year with Olivia home before she begins Kindergarten, and Ben starts preschool (sniff sniff) is spent making quality time with them, and showing them each and every day how much I truly love them!  They mean the world to me and I pray that they always know that!  While I'd like to think baby number 3 would make an appearance in the next year, I'm not sure that's going to happen.  I pray that in 2013 I won't dwell on what I don't have, and spend my time and energy focusing on what I do have, which is a great husband and 2 amazing kids! God has given me so much to be thankful for and I don't ever want to take that for granted in the midst of being consumed with something that I might not ever be given.

I also pray that my relationship with God will grow and flourish this coming year as well. I think often as a stay at home mom, I use the excuse that there isn't any time to spend quality time with God, and that there isn't much I can do to serve God when I have 2 little ones at home everyday.  When in reality that isn't true.  I want to grow more than I ever have. I want God to use me in ways I never imagined!  I want to let go of my hurts, my frustrations, my fears and my worries and let Him have complete control.

2013 will be an awesome year, no matter what we may face we have the hope that God is in control and he will provide and care for us! So long 2012! Welcome 2013!!

1 comment:

  1. Great post dear friend! I'd be lost without you in my life. I can't wait for us to encourage each other all the way through 2013!

    ReplyDelete