Saturday, November 27, 2010

Santa Encounter....

Tonight we visited Santa Claus Indiana. Where else would you rather go this time of year? We really wanted to take the kids to see Santa and we wanted to see the Lake Rudolph Land of Lights display by Holiday World.  And since every weekend from now until Christmas will be completely busy we thought what better time to go than now!
Olivia (with my help) colored Santa a cookie on elfontheshelf.com so we decided to give it to him in person. She was SOOO excited to give it to him, when we were on the way. She also told us in the car that she was going to walk up and talk to Santa (Nate and I both knew better)

And here I am telling Santa all about her cookie and that we have one of his elves at our house named Boo (thats why the cookie said Santa and Boo).  Notice Olivia's head facing down making sure not to make eye contact with Mr. Claus

Lake Rudolph's Land of Lights was pretty neat! Although I'd suggest going with another family in a van and splitting the cost for this 1.2 mile excursion :)


We kept telling Olivia we were going to see the lights and when we drove by we told her we were going to go in there (meaning the wooded area where they had this display set up). The first half of the lights she kept saying she wanted to go in them and I kept explaining we were in them, then we reached the light tunnel and when we entered it all was well because we were "in the lights". Thank you Koch family for putting in a light tunnel and sparing us a 3 year old meltdown! :)

The Santa Claus Store where we met Mr. Claus!

1 comment:

  1. Cute and FUNNY! If I remember correctly, you weren't a big fan of people in costumes when you were a kid, right? Sounds like Olivia comes by it honestly. I applaud her initial bravery though in saying she would walk up to Santa and give him the 'cookie!' :)

    ReplyDelete