Friday, March 2, 2012

Welcome Spring! (sort of)

Clearly the meteorologists were talking up today's storms pretty well.  And while we were so blessed and thankful to not have tornado damage here, we do have hail damage.  Alison and the kids came over to seek shelter and I'm so happy I wasn't here alone (our kids were with Grandma Garrison and Papa Bob).  One word sums up our afternoon... SCARY! 
We heard the hail and then it go really loud so we grabbed her kids and ran in the tub in the basement.  We kept saying, what is going on out there? It was SO loud! At one point it got quiet and I jokingly said "The calm before the storm".  Very shortly after that we heard a noise that neither of us were comfortable with.  We grabbed each other with the kids and Alison began praying and I was crying (I know big surprise there huh?).  It only lasted a short while but I was honestly worried our roof had been ripped off.  Going upstairs and having our house in tact made me wonder how insanely loud it would be if an actual tornado ripped your house apart. I cannot fathom what that would sound like... Praise God for keeping us all safe.  
Golf ball size hail covering our yard.


siding damage on the garage side of our house



No comments:

Post a Comment