Sunday, January 1, 2012

So Long 2011

2011 was a great year for our family.  Sure we've had our ups and downs, but all in all I really cannot complain.  

We have built some great friendships with people in the past year.  Friends that will watch your kids so you can go to the doctor, or to the grocery store in peace...friends who help keep you sane when you stay home with 2 little kids all day, everyday... friends who will drive 40 minutes and miss their lunch date with friends to pick up your family, which was left stranded on the side of the road... friends who will pray for you whenever you ask them to, and even when you don't... friends who help motivate you to do things that require a lot of motivation.  We have built relationships with neighbors who I can now call friends, instead of just "neighbors".

I have many things to be thankful for in the past year... Here is a small recap of 2011 activities

In January of 2011 we started going to our church, Oak Hill Baptist Church in Evansville.  What a huge blessing that has been!!  We truly felt as if we have been going there much longer than a year.  We have an incredible 242 (Sunday School) class.  We have a Pastor who preaches the truth and is so passionate about Jesus and spreading the word.  Can't wait to see what 2012 brings for our church family!

In Feb of 2011 Nathan and I celebrated 5 years of marriage!  We spent the weekend in St. Charles Missouri and it was wonderful for just the two of us to have some time to ourselves.  He truly is my best friend and I love him deeply!

In March I turned 29... my last year in my 20s?  I didn't think 30 would bother me much, but after I turned 29 I had to get glasses, I went to doctor with chest pains and he sent me to E.R. (embarrassing but I was fine, thankfully...) I had a huge cyst in my ear lobe that caused a ton of pain and several trips to the ear doctor... so after that, I can only imagine what 30 will bring :)

In April I started my weight loss adventure... losing 23 pounds total (we won't talk about the 5-8 I recently put back on.. that WILL come off again very soon!).

In May we celebrated Mother's Day... I'm so blessed to have 2 amazing, healthy, fairly well behaved, caring, cuddly, loving and not mention pretty darn cute children.  I'm also extremely thankful for my mom and my mother in law, and for the strong relationships we have!

In June we celebrated Father's Day!  My kids are blessed to have a dad that loves them more than they'll ever know!  Nate and I are also blessed to both have dad's who we love so much! Nate also had a big birthday this year... 30! He handled it pretty well, although I don't think most guys worry about 30 like girls do :)

In July we took the kids on several trips to Holiday World, which they both loved! It's so fun being so close to such a fun water park/amusement park. I foresee many family memories being made there!

In August we went to DISNEY WORLD!  This was Ben's first time and he did very well, even though he made sure to keep his distance from any and all characters! Olivia had a blast and we can't wait to go back in 2012 (hopefully).

In September we welcomed a new friend to the world!  Abram Haight!  Olivia also had her first sleep over with Adi while mom and dad were in the hospital with baby Abe.  What an honor it has been to be friends with this family!

In October our sweet Olivia turned 4, which means next year she'll start preschool.  Not sure if I'm ready for that step but I know she will be!  What a turn around she has done this year.  The first few months at church she cried every Sunday not wanting us to take her to the nursery.  Now she runs from the church doors to her Sunday school class and loves going to "Big kid church".  She loves AWANAS and has amazed me with her bible memorizing skills.  She is such a big girl and we love her SO very much!!

In November we celebrated Thanksgiving 3 times.  I find myself complaining about having to go back to Illinois so much during November and December, but then I'm reminded of how blessed we are to have the families that we have, and that we are close enough that we get to see them all as often as we do.

In December our sweet Benjamin turned 2.   He has been so much fun this year!  He makes us laugh until our cheeks hurt.  Now that he is really talking it amazes me how grown up he has become this year.  He loves his Sunday school teachers and starts asking for Delmar when we pull in the parking lot.  He is three days into his life after a "bobby" (Pacifier) and so far so good!  Our adventure for 2012 will be potty training.... YIKES!

And of course we celebrated Christmas, the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.  I so often forget that He is the reason I have all of these things to write about in this blog.  Without Him we are nothing and we have nothing. I want to make 2012 all about Him! What I can do for Him, not what He can do for me.

So here's to another great year!

2 comments:

  1. Great post Lindsey! You are such a great friend and mom. I am so excited to see what 2012 holds for both of our families. Love you and your family so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I loved this post. We are so glad you are part of our church family now!

    ReplyDelete